If you are thinking about selling your home and have come up with every excuse not to sell during the holidays, here are reasons Why You Should!!
10. Buy selling now, you may have an opportunity to be a non-contingent buyer during the spring, when many more houses are on the market for less money! This will allow you to sell high and buy low!
9. Even though you house will be on the market, you still have the option to restrict showings during the Holidays for parties or family gatherings!
8. January is traditionally the month for employees to begin new jobs. Since transferees cannot wait until spring to buy, you need to be on the market during the Holidays to capture that market!
7. Some people but buy before the end of the year for tax reasons!
6. Buyers have more time to look for a home during the Holidays than they do during a working week!
5. Buyers are more emotional during the Holidays, so they are more likely to pay your price!
4. Houses show better when decorated for the Holidays!
3. Since the supply of listings will dramatically increase in January, there will be less demand for your particular home! Less demand means less money for you!
2. Serious buyers have fewer houses to choose from during the Holidays and less competition means more money for you!
1. People who look for homes during the Holidays are more serious buyers!!!
If you are contemplating selling this is a GREAT time to do so. Stand out and don’t fall into the “norm”!!!